I will be using atom422 v9 and Ak Kernel 731.
Backing up your device
- Backup using Titanium Backup
- Backup Nova Launcher settings
- Backup SMS using SMS Backup & Restore
- Reboot into recovery (I have ClockworkMod Recovery v220.127.116.11)
- Backup (backup and restore > backup)
- Go into "install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard" just to guarantee that ClockworkMod Recovery is accessing the storage
- Plug the phone into a computer (I'm using Ubuntu 12.10, and have already android-sdk)
- Go into your android-sdk tools folder
$ cd Android/android-sdk-linux_86/tools/
- Go into adb shell and list the directories in your "sdcard" to decide what to backup
$ sudo ./adb shell
# ls /data/media/0
- Pull all the directories you want to backup
$ sudo ./adb pull /data/media/0/examplefolder sdcard/examplefolder
- The previous example will create a sdcard folder in your tools folder with the data folder pulled from your phone
- Change the owner of the pulled folders
$ sudo chown -R youruser:youruser sdcard
You can also backup using FTP for example. I normally use WellFTP Server.
Don't forget to backup at least your "clockwork" and "TitaniumBackup" folders!
Note: clockwork backups are located in "/data/media/clockworkmod" and not in "/data/media/0/clockworkmod", at least at my system.
Check in what folder you have the following folders: "backup" and "blobs". That will be the correct clockwork backup folder.