I will show how to install Ak Kernel coming from another kernel an how to simply update Ak Kernel when a new version is released.
You can also read the kernel FAQ here.
Ak Kernel comes in two flavors:
- Purity edition, the stable version
- Cylon edition, a experimental branch
If you are installing Ak Kernel for the first time in your ROM, follow this steps:
- Install the kernel (install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > 0 > 0.ROOT > AK.731.CYLON.zip)
- Fix permissions (advanced > fix permissions)
- Reboot (reboot system now)
Still always backup first!
Updating Ak Kernel
When a new update is available just flash the new kernel. It will wipe the cache and dalvik cache for you.
- install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > 0 > 0.ROOT > AK.731.CYLON.zip
Purity vs. Cylon
When changing between the two editions I recommend you to proceed as coming from another kernel, as showed.
Ak Kernel settings